Nice savory medley of vegetables steamed in the microwave with a garden tasting butter sauce.
Vegetables with Rosemary Butter
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 cup peeled carrots, sliced
- 1 cups frozen whole kernel corn – optional
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
In a 2 quart casserole dish, combine vegetables and water. Cover with lid and microwave at high 7 to 8 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. Drain and set aside covered. In a small bowl, combine butter, rosemary and salt. Microwave at high for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until butter melts. Stir and let rest for 5 minutes. Strain butter over vegetable mixture, toss to coat. Microwave, uncovered, at high for 2 to 3 minutes, or until hot. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.