A marvelous cold fruit salad that’s geared toward adult entertaining and is a wonderful side dish to outdoor outings.
Fruit Salad for Picnics
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 pears or apples, cored and sliced
- 2 peaches, pitted, sliced
- 3/4 cup sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
Process the first 5 ingredients in a blender until the dressing is smooth. Pour into a jar or sealed container. Chill until ready to pack cooler.
Place fruit in a sealed container, chill.
Place both items on ice in a cooler for picnicking.
When ready to serve, spoon dressing over fruit, toss and serve immediately.
Goes great with assorted cheeses, French baguettes and a spicy sweet, dessert wine.