Every kitchen has a little secret ingredient or two for livening up plain ol’ butter when it comes time to buttering up loaves or rolls.
This is just one that I like when serving dishes like the Dauphin Island Shrimp Salad posted earlier. Enjoy!
Better Butter for Bread
- 2 1/2 sticks of butter (or margarine)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Durkee’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
In a saucepan, melt butter. Finely chop the garlic and crush with the side of a chef’s knife. Add garlic and all remaining ingredients to the butter and stir to blend. Let cool to a spreadable consistency. Great on French bread and baguettes.